TipOne® Pipette Tips in Racks
For exceptional fit and accurate delivery.TipOne fits securely and seals completely with gentle pressure. Smooth walls, flash-free ends, and tight tolerances provide excellent, reproducible results. TipOne racks are reusable, long-lasting, and won’t tip over during use. TipOne is the original easy-to-load, refillable tip system that saves space and reduces waste.
- Secure, low-force fit on most pipette brands
- Eco-design - refill, reuse, and recycle
- Long-life hinged racks with ergonomic features
- Compatible with most multi-channel pipettes
- Pure polypropylene - no clarifiers or processing additives
- Certified free of detectable RNase, DNase, DNA, and pyrogens
TipOne racks are reusable and will last through repeated autoclaving cycles. They are easy to grasp from the top or the base and won't tip over during use. The hinged lid remains open at 120° for easy single or multi-channel pipette access. (If you prefer a non-hinged, lift-off lid, simply remove the lid from the hinges, turn the opening clasp toward the back, and place the lid back on the rack.) All parts of the TipOne system are designed to offer the best performance while using a minimal amount of plastic and packaging material.
High definition laser markings identify tip volume, lot number, and special properties directly on the tip wafer. When you refill TipOne racks, all of the important information stays with the tips. A 2D barcode provides convenient lot tracing for laboratory information management systems. Four wafer colors correspond to pipette volume.
TipOne is manufactured under strict conditions and all components are required to pass multiple quality control procedures. All TipOne products are lot tested for consistent liquid delivery and complete and easy sealing. Tips are examined under magnification for coaxiality, flash-free edges, complete formation, and the absence of imperfections such as scratches. Tips are also tested and certified to be free of any detectable RNase, DNase, DNA, or pyrogens.
TipOne InformationRecycling Information for TipOne® Products
- TipOne® pipet tip racks, wafers, lids, and stack components are made from polypropylene code #05 and can be recycled with other #05 products.
- TipOne refill wafers have an outer packaging shell made from either polypropylene #05 (new design introduced in 2015) or PETG (polyethylene terephthalate glycol) code #01 (refills produced before 2015).
- The plastic shrink wrap on refill wafers, stacks, and sterilized products is made from olefin code #07 and can be recycled with "other" recycling products.
- The cardboard box that contains TipOne racks is made from recycled chipboard and can be recycled where chipboard is accepted.
- In selected areas where #5 products are accepted recycling may be available to you through your local sales representative. To locate a sales representative in your area, please call 1-800-522-8477.
Autoclaving Instructions for TipOne® Products
- Place racked tips in the autoclave. If desired, the hinged lid may be propped open using the tab on the front of the lid.
- Autoclave at 121°C (249.8°F) under a pressure of 15 psi for 15 minutes.
- No drying cycle is required. Allow the tips to thoroughly dry at room temperature before use.
Note: Remove the shrink-wrap from stacked tips before autoclaving. Tips in refill packages must be placed inside the hinged racks before autoclaving. Excessive heat and/or prolonged time in the autoclave may cause warping of both the tips and the rack. Filter tips are not autoclavable.
Blocking Efficiency of Filter Tips
The blocking efficiency of filter tips is investigated using airborne particles. Filter tips seated on air displacement pipettes are used to prevent potential contamination of the pipette tip cones (i.e. DNA fragments). The more effective the filter, the less the risk of contamination. This is of utmost importance for preventing false-positive results, especially in highly sensitive PCR experiments. In this investigation, TipOne® 200 µl filter tips have been compared with those of other manufacturers.