Mixer HC (without block)
Special Offer! FREE tube or plate block when you buy the Mixer HC See below for details*. Offer ends May 31, 2021.
*Offer ends May 31, 2021. FREE tube or plate block when you buy the Mixer HC. Add the block to your cart and reference PSMAY21. Not available with any other specials or promotional pricing. Void where prohibited. See our Terms and Conditions for additional information.Precision Mixing with Temperature Control
- Control temperature, speed, and mixing intervals
- Heat to 99°C or cool 13°C below room temperature
- Blocks are available for a variety of tubes and multiple well plates
Increase the reproducibility of your temperature-dependent reactions for better yields and more consistent results. Control block temperature, mixing speed, and mixing intervals simultaneously and precisely with the Mixer HC. Includes a convenient short mix button for quick, instant mixing.
Two special functions provide additional options for specific applications. Digital display offers precise control.
- - Interval mixing:
- Continuously alternates between mixing and stationary periods where the mixing frequency and the duration of the mixing and pause functions can be freely selected.
- - Program mode:
- In addition to a normal mixing/temperature control run, two combined, consecutive mixing/temperature control runs can be programmed. When the first run is completed, the second run will switch on automatically, allowing two different conditions to be applied to the same liquid.
Mixing speed is block dependent: 300-1400 rpm for 1.5 mL, 2.0 mL, and cryogenic tubes; 300-1500 for 0.5 mL tubes; and 300-750 for 5 mL, 15 mL, and 50 mL tubes. Plates weighing 200 grams or less may be mixed at 300-1400 rpm; above 200 grams use 300-800 rpm. Blocks for microcentrifuge tubes include a polycarbonate rack for quick transfer of all 24 tubes at once.
- cDNA synthesis
- Enzyme reactions (restriction digest, ligation, proteinase-K-digestion)
- Denaturation of DNA, RNA, or proteins
- Labeling of DNA, RNA, or proteins
- Cultivation of bacteria in microcentrifuge tubes, centrifuge tubes and deep well plates
- Transformation of bacteria and plasmids
- Resuspension of pellets
|Mixer HC Specifications|
|300 to 1500 rpm (block dependent)|
|Heating rate||Approx. 5°C/min|
(above room temp)
|2 to 3°C/min|
(below room temp)
|0.5 to 1.0°C/min|
|Temperature control range
|13°C below room temperature to 99°C|
|Temperature control range
(multiwell and deep well plates)
|10°C below room temperature to 99°C|
|Ambient temperature||4 to 35°C|
|Orbit diameter||3 mm|
|Relative humidity||70% max|
|Timer||1 min to 99 hours and 59 min|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||220 x 250 x 125 mm|
|Weight (base unit)||7 lb / 3.2 kg (w/o accessories)|