- For filtration of cell suspensions and primary cell isolates
- A novel product for fast and safe filtration of cell suspensions such as from tissue dissociation for flow cytometry
- Designed with a circumferential mantle surface and handle fitted directly on the sieve to reduce risk of accidental sample contamination
- The filter fits all standard 50 ml tubes and is available with filter mesh sizes of 40, 70 and 100 µm.
- Convenient blister pack (individually wrapped)
- No liquid overspill
- Sterile unit with aseptic handling
EASYstrainer from Greiner Bio-One is a novel product for fast and safe filtration of cell suspensions, such as from tissue dissociation for flow cytometry. The filter fits all standard 50 mL tubes and is available with filter mesh sizes of 40, 70 and 100 microns. The innovative design of EASYstrainer™ allows for secure aseptic handling with a clearly reduced risk of contaminating the filtered cell suspension. In particular, a circumferential mantle surface and an additional handle can be used to grip the device firmly without getting in contact with the wetted filter material. The single blister pack also makes aseptic handling easier and more convenient.
EASYstrainer filters have a venting slot between the tube and the filter. This feature allows air to leave the tube readily while filtrated solution flows through the mesh. Thus, problems observed with other strainer brands (such as liquid trapped between the tube and filter), and overspill of cell suspensions, are prevented.